Information in Police Blotter is obtained from Joliet, Shorewood and Lockport police departments and the Will County Sheriff’s Office. Individuals listed in Police Blotter charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court. All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- Blaique P. Morgan, 20, of Joliet, was charged with aggravated battery.
- April L. Shell, 26, of Joliet, was cited for speeding and driving while license suspended.
- Terree Mitchem, 21, of Joliet, was cited for failure to signal and driving while license suspended.
- Patrick R. Dockery, 19, of Joliet, was cited for failure to signal, improper lane usage, driving license never issued, and operating an uninsured motor vehicle.
- Autumn L. Gray, 39, of Rantoul, was cited for driving while license suspended.
- Alexander J. Rodriguez, 19, of Crest Hill was arrested for possession of drug equipment, manufacture/delivery of cannabis over 30 grams, and obstructed driver’s view.
- Gregorio Avila-Salinas, 36, Joliet, was cited for no registration lights, disregarding a traffic control device, obstructed windshield and driver’s license never issued.
- Christopher L. Perkins, 37, of Joliet, was arrested for unlawful use of a weapon, no firearms owner’s identification card and resisting a police officer. Perkins was also held on an active warrant out of Will County.
- Person(s) unknown broke into the fire station at 409 Leach Avenue and stole a navy blue winter jacket with ‘ISFM’ (IL State Fire Marshall) on the front pocket and across the back of the jacket. Nothing else was missing.
- Cheryl Burnes, 48, of Joliet, was cited for driving while license suspended.
- Kalen Stallings, 20, of Joliet, was cited for improper display of registration, no valid driver’s license and operating an uninsured motor vehicle.
- Daniela Zavala, 19, of Joliet, was cited for driving while license suspended.
- Leonardo Lopez, 18, of Plainfield, was cited for driving while license suspended, possession of a suspended license and speeding.
- Roberto Jaramillo-Torres, 42, of Joliet, was cited for illegal use of cell phone, driving while license suspended, and operating an uninsured motor vehicle.
- Tyrika L. Larkin, 32, of in Joliet was cited, for driving while license suspended.
- A male employee of Direct-TV, was approached by two unknown males as the man was removing a ladder from his work van on the 3000 block of Caroline Drive. One man stayed at the rear of the van while the second man approached the employee, placed an unknown object into the employee’s ribcage, and told him not to move. The employee then grabbed a power drill, turned around and stated “What do you mean!” The two subjects then took off running and entered a 4-door white SUV with black and silver rims. A third male subject was driving the SUV and they drove off.
- Arthur A. Weems, Jr., 41, of Joliet, was cited for defective windshield, driving while license revoked and improper use of registration.
- Dameon McCullum-Smith, 20, of Joliet was arrested for unlawful use of a weapon, unlawful possession of a weapon by a felon, and no registration light.
- Alexus Zepeda, 20, of Joliet, was cited for expired registration, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and driving while license suspended.
- An unknown male subject stole four 12-volt semi-truck batteries from the driveway of a residence on the 400 block of Bluff St.
- Person/s unknown stole a pile of scrap copper piping and an antique pump from the basement of a home on the 17000 block of W. Oak Avenue.