The Board of Education of Lockport Township High School District 205 is seeking an individual
who will be appointed to fill the vacant position on its Board of Education through May 2019, who
will be replaced by the individual elected to the position based upon the April 2019 Consolidated
Interested individuals must submit a letter expressing interest in the board position and their
qualifications for the position to the District Administrative Center, Board of Education Vacancy,
1323 East Seventh Street, Lockport, I L 60441-3899, tw Iuter thu11 12 N(}(m 011 May 3(}, 2(JJ7.
Following a review of the submitted materials, the Board will schedule interviews with selected
candidates. Not all candidates for the Board vacancy will be interviewed.
If you have any questions concerning the role of the board of education and the responsibilities of a
Board Member, please contact Todd Wernet, Superintendent of Schools, at 815.588.8100.
I. Shall be a citizen of the United States
2. Shall be at least 18 years of age
3. Shall be a registered voter
4. Shall be a resident of the State of Illinois and the Lockport Township High School
District 205 for at least one year prior to appointment
5. Shall not be a child sex offender as defined in Section 11-9.3 of the Criminal Code of
6. Shall be wi I ling to serve unti I the Apri I 2019 Board of Education Election.
Letter of Interest Should Include
I. Personal Information: 11ume, address, teleplw11e llllmber(s), e-mail mldre!t·s
2. Number of years you have lived in District 205
3. Leadership positions you have held in the community, including board of
4. Professional background
5. Educational background
6. Reasons for your interest in the position
.7. Goals that you have for Lockport Township High School District 205