Organizers previously planned to move Plainfield Fest away from the downtown business district, however numerous concurrent events, have already promoted the downtown location. Subsequently both the Riverfront Foundation and the Village of Plainfield to agree to a modified plan which includes a portion of the downtown and Lockport Street.
The new plan for Plainfield Fest in 2017 includes:
• The Beer Tent and Main Stage will return to Des Plaines Street north of Lockport Street and include the old Fire Station
• A vendor area will cover Lockport Street from Illinois Street west to Fox River Street
• The Food Court will include the municipal parking lot behind Andreason’s Travel and Des Plaines Street south of Lockport Street
• The Carnival, however, will not be located downtown. Instead it will occupy the northern parking lots of Plainfield Central High School
Road closures begin 5 p.m. July 13
The following roads will be closed for Plainfield Fest:
- Lockport Street will be closed from Illinois Street to James Street.
- Des Plaines Street will be closed from Oak Street to Chicago Street.
- Fox River Street between Ottawa Street and Commercial Street will be one-way, southbound. The east side will be sectioned off to serve pedestrians travelling to/from the Carnival through the gate at the south end of Fox River Street.
- There will be limited access to those portions of Lockport Street between James Street and Fox River Street and from Illinois Street to Route 59 (with a right-turn-only onto southbound Route 59). There will be no access to westbound Lockport Street from Route 59.
Festival parking will be available in the municipal parl<ing lots on Des Plaines Street north of Oak Street and on Illinois Street north of the Library. Limited parking will be available at Plainfield Central High School in the parking lot north of the stadium, parking lot adjacent to the tennis courts, and in the south parl<ing lot off of Fort Beggs Drive.
A limited number of Handicapped parking spaces will be available in the municipal parking lots and at the High School. Parking will be restricted to one side of the street on the following roadways: Commercial Street, Ottawa Street, Chicago Street, Fox River Street, Des Plaines Street and Oak Street. Roads are expected to re-open before 5 a.m. on Monday. July 17. Plainfield Police remind all motorists to anticipate longer than normal delays in traffic movement, and also to be aware of the increase in pedestrian traffic in the downtown area. Any questions regarding road closures or parking for Plainfield Fest may be directed to Commander Ken Ruggles at 815-267-7211.
For a schedule of events at Plainfield Fest go to: www.plainfieldfest.org