Information in Police Blotter is obtained from the Downers Grove, Westmont and Woodridge police departments. Individuals listed in Police Blotter charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court. All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- A retail theft occurred at approximately 6:40 p.m. at Hobby Lobby, 7370 Woodward Avenue. Loss prevention personnel observed unknown male subject concealing merchandise in his coat and leaving the store without making payment.
- After a traffic stop at approximately 4:42 p.m., Byron Marshall, 35, of Plainfield was charged with possession of cannabis.
- A residential burglary occurred sometime between 6:11 and 8 p.m. in the 1200 block of Golfview Drive. Unknown person made entry into a residence and stole miscellaneous items of jewelry.
- A criminal trespass to property occurred sometime between 2 p.m. on February 4 and 3:30 p.m. on February 5 in the 11000 block of Joliet Road. Unknown person cut the seals of five trailers parked in a parking lot but did not remove anything from the trailers.
- A theft occurred sometime between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. in the 6400 block of Halsey Drive. Unknown suspect stole a bicycle that had been left outside a residence.
- Following a traffic stop at approximately 10:30 p.m. in the 5700 block of Route 53, Khari Smith, 19, of Decatur, Ala., was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
- Ernest Inglam, 18, of Schaumburg, was charged with retail after he allegedly stole $185 worth of merchandise from Kohl’s, 1001 W. 75th Street.
- Martha Gassmann, 51, of Westmont, was charged with retail theft after she allegedly stole $121.75 worth of merchandise at approximately 10:38 a.m. at Kohl’s, 1001 W. 75th Street.
- A criminal damage to property occurred sometime between midnight on February 11 and 4:30 p.m. on February 12 on the 7400 block of Woodward Avenue. Unknown suspect scratched the passenger side of a parked vehicle.
- Maya Delejewski, 22, of Bolingbrook, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol following the investigation of a single car accident at approximately 10:39 p.m. in the 8400 block of Woodward Avenue,
- Alyssa Wright, 18, of Naperville, was charged with possession of ammunition without a FOID card following an investigation at approximately 9:25am of suspicious activity in the 7700 block of Fox Drive.
- Daniel Paskvan, 19, of Woodridge was charged with criminal damage to vehicle, following the investigation at approximately 9:30 p.m. of damage to a vehicle parked in the 7000 block of Woodward Avenue.
- Corey Vondra, 18, of Downers Grove, was charged with illegal possession of alcohol by a minor following a traffic stop at approximately 8:56 p.m. in the 1900 block of 75th Street,
- A criminal damage to property occurred sometime between noon on February 24 and 9:50 a.m. on February 26 at the Girl Scout Camp Site, 3125 75th Street. Unknown suspect made entry onto the property and damaged several buildings and items on the campground.
- Rory Nugent, 40, of Chicago was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at approximately 1:50 a.m., following a traffic stop in the 2200 block of 75th Street,
- Denisa Dlha, 27, and Lenka Nedbalek, 33, both Bolingbrook were both charged at approximately 1:23 p.m., with retail theft after removing miscellaneous items from Kohl’s, 1001 W. 75th Street without making payment.
- At approximately 8:43 p.m., Jacqueline Fairchild, 65, of Woodridge was charged with retail theft after removing an item of jewelry from Kohl’s, 1001 W. 75th Street, without making payment.
- At approximately 11:11 p.m., Christian Santiago, 27, of Woodridge was charged with possession of a controlled substance and Derek Banicki, 35, of Bolingbrook was charged with possession of cannabis following a traffic stop in the 8100 block of Route 53.
- Some time between 9 p.m. on February 15 and 9 a.m. on February 20, an unknown offender(s) broke two windows on a building in the 6100 block of South Cass Avenue. The damage is $600.
- Sometime between 3:45 and 5:45 P.M. , an unknown offender(s) stole a cellular phone in the 6000 block of South Cass Avenue. The loss is $300.
- At approximately 9:35 p.m., officers conducted a traffic stop in the 700 block of East Ogden Avenue for a moving violation. Officers arrested Jorge Lora-Mendez, male, 31, of Cincinnati, Ohio, for driving with a suspended driver’s license. He was also cited for speeding.
- Some time between 9 p.m. on February 22 and 9 a.m. on February 23, an unknown offender(s) damaged a vehicle antenna in the 6700 block of Park Lane. The damage is $100.
- Some time between 1 and 2 a.m., an unknown offender(s) broke car windows on 13 vehicles parked in the 400 block of East Ogden Avenue. Total damage is $20,000.
- At approximately 11:45 p.m., officers responded to the 900 block of Indian Boundary Drive for a disturbance. Officers arrested Jennie Moreano, 41, of Westmont, for domestic battery after she struck a family member.