Information in Police Blotter is obtained from the Niles, Morton Grove and Park Ridge police departments. Individuals listed in Police Blotter charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court. All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- Jaime Solis-Mendez, 26, of Niles, was charged Jan. 20 with domestic battery.
- Christina Lara, 31, of Chicago, was charged Jan. 21 with battery and obstruction. A security guard for a bar on the 8700 block of Milwaukee Avenue told police he saw Lara approach a woman from behind and punch her in the face several times. The woman who was allegedly hit told police that the attack on her was unprovoked, while Lara allegedly told police that she hit the woman after being spit on. Police also accused Lara of initially providing false personal information, but after her real identify was learned, it was discovered she had an outstanding warrant for retail theft out of Chicago, police said.
- A tablet, laptop computer, digital camera, camcorder, cables and memory cards were reported stolen Jan. 23 from a car parked in a lot on the 6800 block of Touhy Avenue, police said.
- A laptop computer and jewelry were reportedly stolen Jan. 21, during the burglary of a home on the 7300 block of Nora Avenue, police said.
- A portable safe was reported stolen Jan. 20 during the burglary of a home on the 8300 block of Maynard Road between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m., police said.
- A man told police that he saw another man deliberately push a shopping cart into his car Jan. 23, damaging the rear passenger door. The alleged incident occurred in a parking lot in the 5600 block of Touhy Avenue.
- A 25-year-old man was ticketed Jan. 20 for public intoxication after police responded to a report of an intoxicated and unwanted person near a bar in the 7300 block of Harlem Avenue. The man’s mother was contacted to pick him up, police said.
- A representative of a financial institution on the 9100 block of West Golf Road told police that surveillance video showed a man attempting to remove the card reader on an outdoor ATM machine and replace it with a green skimming device Jan. 25. The suspect was unsuccessful in removing the card reader and left the area, police said.
- A man allegedly failed to pay a $23.75 cab fare Jan. 21. A car driver told police that the man attempted to pay the fare with two credit cards that were declined, and then left the cab to get money from his wife, but never returned.
Kevin A. Pilliroog, 49, of Hoffman Estates, was Jan. 2 arrested for allegedly stealing a watch and cell phone from the customer of his contracting business.
Violation of court order
Emmanuel L. Mays, 18, of Chicago, was arrested Feb. 6 for violating an order of protection.
Leaving the scene of an accident
Tailor D. Yogini, 54, of Des Plaines was arrested on the 8500 block of Menard after allegedly driving a vehicle that left the roadway, went on the sidewalk struck two pedestrians and a house. Yogini allegedly fled the scene, was later located and arrested by Morton Grove police.
- Delvon W. Doles, 27, of Waukegan, was arrested Feb. 4 for speeding, doing 57 mph in a 25 mph zone, on the 5700 block of Lincoln.
- Stephen J. Pignato, of Skokie, was arrested Feb. 4 for speeding, doing 75 mph in a 40 mph zone, on the 8300 block of Caldwell.
Luay B. Hasan, 46, of Niles, was arrested Feb. 4 for allegedly pointing a full size handgun at another person following a traffic altercation on the 8800 block of Waukegan
Gary G. Cooper, of Lyons, was arrested following a stop on the 5900 block of Dempster St. Officers approach Cooper who was sitting in a parked car. Officer detected the odor of cannabis and located some following search.
No valid driver’s license
Suspect: Jose J. Berdecia Jr., 29, of Mount Prospect, was charged Feb. 8, for driving without a valid driver’s license following a traffic stop on the 5800 block of Golf Road
Complainant stated on Jan. 29 a male Hispanic knocked on her door on the 7800 block of Lyons. He stated he was installing water pipes next door and needed to check her water pressure. The subject then exited her house and left the area in a white colored sedan occupied by a second subject. Nothing appeared to be missing from the residence
- Business owner stated two credit card purchases were made Jan. 30 on the 5800 block of Dempster Street with a manual credit card machine. When the employees later ran the cards through the automated machine, they received a “bad account number” message.
- Business owner on the 8100 block of Austin stated made a credit card purchase over the phone for $4,385.37. After the merchandise was picked up, Central Payment Co. advised the complainant that the purchase was unauthorized.
- Officers responded Feb. 6 to a residential burglar alarm on the 5800 block of South Park and found the home burglarized. A flat screen TV was stolen.
- Complainant stated on Feb. 6 he answered a Craigslist listing for a timeshare rental. After depositing $400 into an account complainant discovered the reservation was never made.
- Complainant stated Feb. 8 wallet was stolen out of her parked vehicle on the 9200 block of Mason. Vehicle was possibly unlocked at the time.
Complainant stated Feb. 8 someone ransacked her vehicle parked on the 9200 block of Marmora. Vehicle was possibly unlocked at the time.
- Eliezer Salcedo, 38, of Niles, was charged on Feb. 8 with battery in connection to an alleged incident that occurred Nov. 17 at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 W. Dempster St. According to police, Salcedo was identified as a patient who allegedly bit a security officer on the arm, causing an injury that required medical care.
- Malcolm Golidy, 45, of Chicago, was charged Feb. 10 with retail theft after police said he stole merchandise from a store on the 800 block of W. Devon Avenue.
- David Stynoski, 58, of Des Plaines, was charged Feb. 5 with driving under the influence, operation of an uninsured vehicle and improper lane usage near Talcott Road and Touhy Avenue.
- Police said a teenage boy agreed to pay $1,100 in restitution to Maine South High School, 1111 S. Dee Road, after he was accused of spray-painting graffiti on the south exterior wall of the school’s field house between Dec. 28 and Dec. 30. Police said the graffiti included lewd pictures and “several profane terms” about a Maine South student. Police said the teen, who is not a Maine South student, was not charged in the incident.
- On Feb. 7 between 11 a.m. and 11:15 p.m., someone damaged the door and door frame of a home on the 1300 block of Grove Avenue in what police call an attempted burglary.
- Cash was reported stolen from four cars parked on the 200 and 400 blocks of Vine Avenue and the 300 block of Lake Avenue overnight between Feb. 4 and Feb. 5, police said.
- A car was forcibly entered while parked on the 2300 block of Oak Tree Lane between 1 and 7:30 a.m., Feb. 6, and tools were stolen, police said.
- A sidewalk flowerpot was reportedly used to damage the hood of a car parked on the first block of Main Street on Feb. 3.
- A car reportedly drove through bushes on the 1700 block of Norman Boulevard between Feb. 6 and Feb. 7.